The Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces training course provides vital training to employers, employees and sub – contractors who are required to work in confined spaces. Medium Risk areas can be described as having vertical drops with unobstructed access with continuous attachment to a man riding hoist or similar mechanical rescue device. This includes areas where it is not possible to have persons permanently attached to a safety line.
Because we come to you, neither you nor your staff will ever have to travel further than your own place of business.
Attendees: This course is designed for personnel who may be entering a confined space, which has been classified as Medium Risk based on suitable and sufficient risk assessment.
Objectives: This course will cover all the aspects that may be relevant to a Medium Risk confined space entry including an overview of the Confined Space Regulations 1997, Safe Systems of Work and Permits to Work, Gas Detection, Man Riding Equipment and Escape Breathing apparatus.
• Confined Space Regulations 1997
• Potential hazards of working in confined spaces and precautionary measures
• Risk assessment, safe system of work and permit to work
• Gas detection and assessment of working conditions
• Emergency procedures
• Personal protective equipment (man riding equipment) and escape apparatus
• Practical entry into a confined space
• Written and practical test
Certification: Mansfield Fire and Safety Management Ltd Confined Space Training Certificate of training upon completion of course, valid for 3 years.