This course is designed to provide staff at either supervisory or management level with the relevant knowledge to ensure that their staff and sub-contractors are working in accordance with the Confined Space Regulations 1997.
Duration: 1 Day
Attendees: This course is designed to provide Management and/or Supervisory staff with the relevant knowledge to ensure staff and sub-contractors are working in accordance with the Confined Space Regulations 1997. (A confined space is a place which is substantially enclosed, though not always entirely and where serious injury can occur from hazardous substances or conditions within the space or nearby e.g. lack of oxygen).
Objectives: To give attendees such knowledge so as to enable them to understand the Confined Space Regulations 1997 and other associated legislation. It also identifies the possible hazards associated with work in confined spaces, risk assessment and safe systems of work including emergency procedures and PPE (man riding equipment) and breathing apparatus (escape breathing apparatus).
• Confined Space Regulations 1997 and other associated legislation
• Potential hazards of working in confined spaces and precautionary measures
• Risk assessment, safe system of work and permit to work
• Gas detection and assessment of working conditions
• Emergency procedures
• Personal protective equipment (man riding equipment) and escape apparatus
• Practical risk assessment and safe system of work exercise
• Written test
Certification: (RoSPA Approved) Mansfield Fire and Safety Management Ltd Confined Space Certificate of training upon completion of course, valid for 3 years.